2018 SPECIAL WRAP COLLECTION FIRST STRIKES IN 2018
Canada’s classic coin designs have returned to circulation for 2018! The polar bear, loon, caribou, Bluenose and beaver: these iconic images are well represented in the 2018 Special Wrap Collection – First Strikes in 2018, featuring the first 2018-dated coins struck in 2018.
LAUNCH DATE: April 3, 2018
ADVERTISING DATE: March 6, 2018
- FIRST STRIKES IN 2018: Every uncirculated coin in this collection is part of 2018’s first strike of 2018-dated coins!
- FIVE DENOMINATIONS IN ONE SET: This is the only set to feature a special wrap roll for each of the five denominations of our classic circulation coins for 2018: 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, $1 and $2.
- CUSTOM WRAPPING: The custom paper wrap packaging colourfully highlights the iconic image that is synonymous with each denomination.
- ELEGANT PRESENTATION AS A SET: All five rolls are positioned side-by-side in a collector case, where each one is safely nestled in a flocked insert.
- LIMITED NUMBER: Only 5,000 of these special wrap rolls exist worldwide — order your collection today!
ABOUT THE COINS
Designed by Brent Townsend, the reverse of the bi-metallic two-dollar coin features an Arctic icon, the polarbear, standingon an ice floe.
The reverse of the one-dollar coin features Robert-Ralph Carmichael’s depiction of a solitary loon floating in a lake, where a small, tree-lined island is visible in the background.
The 25-cent coin was designed by Emanuel Hahn and features a profile view of a caribou as a symbol of Canada’svast northern wilderness.
Another design by Emanuel Hahn is featured on the reverse of the 10-cent coin, where the Bluenose schooner is a tribute to Canada’s fishing industry and maritime history.
Designed by G. E. Kruger-Gray, the reverse of the five-cent coin features a side-profile view of a cultural icon that played a key role in Canada’shistory: the beaver.
|Packaging||Black clamshell with black beauty box|
|Finished Size||113mm X 225mm|
2017 $25 FINE SILVER PIEDFORT TIMELESS ICONSThe beaver and the maple leaf are the defining images of a nation: one speaks of the past, when the fur trade helped shape a nation; the other predates the flag as an emblem of this land, its people, and our hope for the future. The Royal Canadian Mint reflects on a nation’s 150-year journey—and beyond—through the fusion of two iconic symbols that continue to inspire admiration by proudly representing all that is Canada.$129.95 Add to cart
2017 SPECIMEN SET SNOW GOOSETheeymeare2017 marks the 150th anniversary of Confederation. To honour this historic occasion, the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2017 specimen set pays tribute to a Canadian icon with a one-dollar coin featuring the beloved snow goose in a dramatic pose, preparing to land on a quiet northern lake. And it’s only available with this special set!$51.95 Add to cart
2017 $10 FINE SILVER COIN CELEBRATING CANADA’S 150TH: GRIZZLY BEARFrom colourful flora to iconic fauna and landmarks, the breathtaking photographs of Canadian Geographic reflect the rich diversity of the Canadian experience. The seventh coin in the Celebrating Canada’s 150th series highlights the abundance and diversity of wildlife in British Columbia’s many breathtaking landscapes, including one species that is synonymous with the province’s forests and salmon-rich streams: the grizzly bear.$51.95 Add to cart