2018 $500 PURE GOLD COIN – MAPLE LEAVES
Canada’s beloved maple is captured in all its springtime beauty on this exceptional 5-oz gold coin
LAUNCH DATE: April 3, 2018
ADVERTISING DATE: April 3, 2018
- IMMACULATE QUALITY, NOTABLE SIZE! A graceful design of Canada’s most beloved symbol with a unique springtime twist, this 5-oz gold coin makes the perfect canvas
- EXCEPTIONALLY LOW MINTAGE of only 99 coins worldwide. This sought-after gold coin—a rare collectible—is sure to sell out quickly!
- A STUDY IN MINTING EXCELLENCE. Royal Canadian Mint engraver Stanley Witten showcases his design excellence, bringing the Mint’s globally renowned craftsmanship to life.
- SPECIAL PACKAGING. Each coin is encapsulated and carefully enclosed in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded wooden case, which arrives protected by a black beauty box.
- 5 OUNCES OF PURE GOLD. The generous sizing and proof quality 99.99% pure gold are highlighted in text on your coin’s reverse.
- NATURAL BEAUTY! A matchless addition to any Canadian-themed or nature-inspired collection.
The reverse design by Royal Canadian Mint engraver Stanley Witten features the distinctive five-lobed shape of the sugar maple as two leaves, engraved in careful detail, emerge from a twig. At their base is a cluster of delicate sugar maple blossoms. The proof-finished field features the text “CANADA”, the metal weight “5 OZ”, the purity standard of “9999 AU”, the face value of “500 DOLLARS”, and the date “2018”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
|Composition||99.99% pure gold|
|Face Value||$ 500|
|Packaging||Red lacquered case with black beauty box|