2018 $200 PURE GOLD COIN – BIGHORN SHEEP
At home in the rangelands of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, the bighorn sheep is the embodiment of the rugged alpine wilderness it inhabits. The ram’s formidable curved horns endow it with dignified nobility on this .99999 pure gold coin, where its ability to ascend to seemingly impossible heights is the essence of true conquest.
- REACHING THE HIGHEST LEVEL: A superb wildlife portrait crafted from 1 oz. 99.999% pure gold (five nines)—the highest standard of pure gold available in the world!
- A CELEBRATION OF CANADIANA: An engraved ode to a majestic Canadian icon in an equally majestic setting: the breathtaking slopes of the Canada’s Rocky Mountains
- THE INCOMPARABLE GLEAM OF GOLD: Each coin has been meticulously hand-polished to achieve the mirror-like proof finish, which further emphasizes the crisp, flawless impression on the reverse and obverse
- CRAFTED TO EXACTING STANDARDS, the detail-rich reverse is a stunning showcase of the Royal Canadian Mint’s artistic vision and outstanding craftsmanship
- A PRESTIGIOUS PIECE: Given its high artistic value, its gold purity level, and its very low mintage of just 400 coins worldwide, this is a limited collectible that will appeal to collectors and wildlife enthusiasts
The reverse design by Curtis Atwater captures the majestic nature of both a wildlife icon and its spectacular alpine habitat. Finely engraved details convey the splendour of the peaks, forest valleys and rocky slopes of the Canadian Rockies. However, the focal point is the frontal depiction of a bighorn sheep (Ovis canadensis)—specifically the ram, whose distinctive horns are instantly associated with this agile species. Viewed from a slightly lower perspective, these defining features add to the muscular ram’s already imposing stature, even in the midst of such a spellbinding landscape. Also engraved on the reverse is the word “CANADA” and the year “2018”
|Composition||99.99% pure gold|
|Face Value||$ 200|
|Packaging||Maroon clamshell with black beauty box|
|Finished Size||88 mm x 88 mm|