2018 $200 PURE GOLD COIN 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE SILVER MAPLE LEAF
LAUNCH DATE: June 5, 2018
ADVERTISING DATE: June 5, 2018
It has been 30 years since our Silver Maple Leaf (SML) bullion coin made its debut, yet its signature design still resonates with investors and collectors worldwide. In honour of the SML’s 30th anniversary, this exquisite tribute “lifts” the bullion coin’s iconic maple leaf off its engraved reverse and gently deposits it here as a 3D design element.
- A 2D DESIGN MAKES THE JUMP TO 3D: A special celebration to mark the 30-year history of our Silver Maple Leaf (SML) bullion coin, whose familiar design is re-imagined in more dimensional detail than ever
- A MINT FIRST (AND SECOND): This is only the second coin to feature high intricacy casting, but the FIRST to feature a silver-cast element on its reverse.
- SILVER AND GOLD: The design offers the best of both worlds: a 99.9% pure silver-cast maple leaf affixed to the surface of a 99.99% pure gold coin.
- REVERSE-PROOF FINISH: Like the SML, this gold coin also features a reverse proof finish, which heightens the polished shine of the silver-cast leaf that has been securely affixed to the coin’s surface
- FIRST-CLASS CRAFTSMANSHIP: High intricacy casting gives the maple leaf more dimension
and depth than otherwise possible—from the pointed edges to the controlled flow of silver
that gives the leaf an undulated appearance.
- A HIGH ATTENTION TO DETAIL FROM START TO FINISH: A very low mintage makes this an exclusive collecting opportunity! To complement the exquisite design and craftsmanship, this first-class collectible is encapsulated and carefully enclosed in a luxurious wooden case, which further adds to the overall appeal.
The reverse is adorned with an iconic maple leaf that has been a fixture on the Silver Maple Leaf (SML) bullion coin since 1988. The engraved surface of the gold coin features a reverse proof finish, along with the words “CANADA” and “30 YEARS/ANS”, the face value “200 DOLLARS” and the double dates “1988-2018” that commemorate the SML’s 30th anniversary. But the star of the coin is the silver-cast maple leaf; highly intricate casting reproduces each
lobe’s sharply pointed edges and the deeply imprinted veins that give this undulated leaf a natural look and feel, as though it has gently come to rest after tumbling down from a tree. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
|Composition||99.999% pure gold|
|Weight (g)*||31.16 g + 1.9 g|
|Face Value||$ 200|
|Packaging||Custom wooden case|