2017 $20 FINE SILVER COIN MAJESTIC MAPLE LEAVES WITH DRUSY STONE
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Mintage 4,000
- Weight (g)* 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Face Value $20
- Finish Proof
- Edge Serrated Artist Lisa Thomson Khan
- Packaging Maroon clam-shell with black beauty box
- Finished size 88 mm x 88 mm
- Master Pack 50
A maple leaf is a poignant symbol that represents 150 years of history and achievements— especially when emblazoned in one of Canada’s official colours. This 1 oz. fine silver coin is a poignant celebration of Canada and its natural beauty, through an engraved scene that provides a timeless backdrop to the distinctively shaped and colourful drusy semi-precious stone.
- DISTINCTIVE DRUSY PIECE: Prized by jewellery makers, the crystal-encrusted drusy stone on the reverse has been meticulously shaped to resemble Canada’s most beloved symbol: the maple leaf.
- UNLIKE ANY OTHER: Fine drusy quartz is renowned for its naturally occurring variations in tones and markings—it truly makes each coin unique.
- A SERENE SETTING: Detailed engraving and multiple finishes capture a quiet, reflective moment in the Canadian landscape, where the autumn breeze has gently scattered fallen leaves among the rocks.
- A POPULAR THEME: Our previous coins featuring semiprecious drusy stones were a hit with collectors! Crafted from 99.99% pure silver, this 1 oz. coin will surely be just as soughtafter—especially with a limited mintage!
- AN ENDURING KEEPSAKE: An exquisite gift idea for the nature-lover in your life, or add some colourful sparkle to your nature-, Canadiana- or technology-themed collection!
- A WEARABLE WORK OF ART: With its 38mm diameter, your coin also fits in a bezel necklace kit (sold separately), which will transform this gemstone coin into a one-of-a-kind piece of jewellery!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Lisa Thomson-Khan captures a quiet moment in nature, with an image that inspires quiet reflection and a stirring of pride. A sparkling, red-coloured drusy stone is positioned at the centre, where its maple leaf-shaped outline immediately catches the eye. Carried by the autumn breeze, this maple leaf has come to rest on the ground, where a scattering of engraved maple leaves lie among the various shaped rocks and stones. The crystal-encrusted stone sparkles in the natural light, while the use of multiple finishes throughout the engraved backdrop ensures no detail will go unnoticed. The reverse includes the engraved word “CANADA” and the year “2017”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.