2017 $10 FINE SILVER COIN CELEBRATING CANADA’S 150TH: PEYTO LAKE- 155072
Based on a photograph by Canadian nature photographer Missy Mandel, the reverse features vibrant colour over detailed engraving that showcases the famous mountain landscape of Banff National Park. The viewpoint from the Bow Summit Lookout affords a sweeping view of the forested valley below, where the partly clouded sky has cast shadows over the terrain. Sunlight shines through the clouds and enhances the colourful appearance of Peyto Lake, which steals the spotlight with its dreamlike, turquoise hue. The glacier-fed waters are nestled among the Rocky Mountains, where snow-capped peaks add a majestic quality to the scenery as they seemingly rise up to touch the sky. The reverse also features the engraved word “CANADA” and the dates “1867-2017” to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Confederation.
From colourful flora to iconic fauna and landmarks, the breathtaking photographs of Canadian Geographic reflect the rich diversity of the Canadian experience. The 11th coin in the Celebrating Canada’s 150th series showcases some of the breathtaking splendours of Alberta’s varied landscapes, including the iconic peaks of the Rocky Mountains.
- ELEVENTH in an exciting 13-coin series: As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, embark on a cross-country collecting experience with a stunning series that showcases Canada’s iconic flora, fauna, landscapes and landmarks!
- This collaborative series between the Royal Canadian Mint and Canadian Geographic magazine features striking designs based on unforgettable photographs from the bi-monthly publication.
- A new coin each month! Struck and applied with vibrant colour, each coin is presented in the order of each of Canada’s province or territory’s entry into Confederation.
- Collect each coin individually or subscribe today to guarantee a complete set! Each subscription includes a FREE one-year subscription to Canadian Geographic, plus a bonus premium wooden box…and you are guaranteed a lower price of $44.95 for each coin.
- An affordable way to introduce others to the joy of coin collecting while fostering a widespread appreciation for the incomparable beauty of Canada’s landscapes!