2017 $10 FINE SILVER COIN ￼BIRDS AMONG NATURE’S COLOURS: NORTHERN FLICKER – 156232
The reverse image by Canadian artist Jean-Charles Daumas captures the delicate beauty of springtime in Canada’s many forests. Returning to its breeding range after wintering in the south, the northern flicker is positioned vertically on a tree limb to allow a full view of its distinctively patterned plumage. Intricate engraving captures its likeness in outstanding detail, from the relatively long bill to the darker markings on its tail and upper wing feathers. Towards the base of the tree, selective colour adds a bright splash of colour to the woodland scene. Red, green, yellow and white paint beautifully recreate the three-leaf clusters of red trillium (Trillium erectum) and white trillium (Trillium grandiflorum), which carpet the forest floor each April and May.
- Second coin in an exciting five-coin series that showcases a beautifully engraved bird in its colourful Canadian habitat.
- When you purchase the encapsulated coin as part of the subscription, you will receive a custom paperboard box that is as colourful as the coin’s reverse. Lift the lid to uncover a delightful surprise: it doubles as a music box—complete with a musical element that recreates the bird’s enchanting song!
- A unique approach that stands out from previous bird-themed series: Selective colour highlights nature’s colourful appearance, while enhancing the finer details that bring the engraved bird to life!
- Certified 99.99% pure silver, with a limited mintage.
- An exquisite addition to any nature-, bird-, flora- orCanadiana-themed collection.
- A beautifully artistic and meaningful gift for bird-watchers, nature lovers and art appreciators alike.