1/2 Kilogram Pure Silver Coin – Elk 157633
Categories: Numismatics 2017, Precious Metals, Numismatics, New Arrivals
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! THE FOURTH AND FINAL COIN! FINELY DETAILED ENGRAVING! Large diameter (85 mm) is a fitting canvas! Order today!
The bugling call of the elk (or wapiti) is a telltale sign of fall in the western Canadian wilderness. During the rut, the male’s high-pitched bellows seem to resonate across the landscape, filling the crisp autumn air. The bull’s loudest vocalizations make his presence known—a distinctive call of the wild that serves as a show of strength and vitality among this species, beautifully captured on this stunning fine silver coin.
A gorgeous coin to add to your already stunning silver collection. Order today!
HANDPOLISHED TO PROOF PERFECTION! Each engraved detail shines against the mirror-like background.
STUNNING SENSE OF TEXTURE AND DIMENSION! Your coin’s large diameter (85 mm) is a fitting canvas for the second-largest member of the deer family and allows for outstanding detail work that adds a stunning sense of texture and dimension to this wildlife portrait!
FOURTH AND FINAL COIN IN THE SERIES! Back by popular demand, this is the fourth and final coin in the Call of the Wild Series!
INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
1/2 KILOGRAM PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
WOODEN DISPLAY CASE! Your coin is beautifully packaged in a wooden case that provides for an elegant presentation.
LOW MINTAGE: Only 650 coins will be made worldwide.
|Artist||Pierre Leduc (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)|
|Composition||99.99% pure silver|
CELEBRATION OF SPRING: LILAC BLOSSOMS- 159083
The reverse design by Canadian artist Jan Poynter combines life-like colour and detailed engraving to recreate the springtime display of a lilac in full bloom. This depiction showcases the Preston lilac (Syringa x prestoniae), which was created in 1920 at the Central Experimental Farm in Ottawa, Ontario, by Canada’s first female hybridist: Isabella Preston (1881-1965). The realistic representation of this late blooming, Canadian variety is in keeping with the style of traditional botanical illustrations, which is particularly fitting given the lilac’s rich history. The application of vivid mauve and deep green colours capture the magnificence of the blooms and foliage; but a separate depiction of a branch beneath the shrub highlights the more tubular, open-flowering nature of the Preston ‘Isabella’ (Villosae Group) blossoms. To the left is a close-up view of the purple blooms that have become synonymous with the uplifting fragrance and colours of spring.
- Celebrate the colourful beauty of the season with an equally colourful coin!
- Detailed engraving presents the lilac in a traditional style. It’s a fitting ode to a plant species steeped in history around the world, but also in Canada, where a uniquely Canadian variety was introduced almost 100 years ago!
- The application of soft mauve and deep green colour recreate the pleasing hues of a lilac shrub in full bloom—you can almost smell its sweet fragrance in the close-up view of the bloom’s perfectly curled petals!
- A marvellous addition to any floral or nature-themed collection, and a superb gift for the nature lover in all of us!
2017 $15 FINE SILVER COIN GREAT CANADIAN OUTDOORS: AROUND THE CAMPFIREThe reverse design by Joel Kimmel captures the mood in an idyllic lakeside setting, where two campers are enjoying a fireside moment. Blue and purple colours dominate the landscape, where the shadowy shapes of rolling hills and dense forest rise up along the horizon. In the sky, pink hues are the last, lingering reminders of daylight, as a canopy of stars emerges overhead. Glow-in-the-dark technology re-creates the luminous shine of a full moon and its reflection on the lake, where a loon and two chicks are still visible in the moonlight. On the sandy beach, the male camper rests on a rock while the female sits on a log; both are quietly enjoying each other’s company while taking in the beauty of their surroundings. Their profiles are softly illuminated by the warm glow of the campfire “burning” bright at the centre of the coin, not far from the pitched tent that is illuminated from within. SPECIAL FEATURES
- A continuing ‘luminous’ celebration of Canada’s enduring love for the great outdoors, as experienced through some of our favourite seasonal activities!
- THIRD in a series of 99.99% pure silver coins that combine full colour, engraving and glow-in-the-dark technology.
- Basking in the warm glow: Step into the moment or relive your own fireside memories through the reverse design, where glow-in-the-dark technology re-creates the light for a life-like experience.
- Magnificent in daylight, breathtaking in the dark: Place the coin under a light source for 30 to 60 seconds to activate the technology, then move into darkness. The night-time setting will still be visible in the dark, even in its capsule!
- A cherished gift to relive shared memories, or simply appreciate Canada’s scenic—and seasonal—splendours.
- A magnificent addition to any collection, particularly those featuring glow-in-the-dark coins.